About our training programmes
Year of Care training programmes are delivered by high quality trainers who are passionate about personalised care and have extensive expertise in personalised care approaches.
We find that training multi-disciplinary teams, combined with facilitation in practice, best supports implementation and embedding of the approach. We have an extensive range of resources linked to implementation which we share via training.
Year of Care training programmes and modules are interactive, use a range of activities and experiential learning methods and are delivered using adult learning principles.
All of our training can be delivered remotely via Microsoft Teams or Zoom, or in person at a local venue, and includes the following components:
- A robust 'case for change' to engage clinical teams in the need for personalised care
- Activities to encourage debate on the underpinning ethos and philosophical approach
- A tested clinical method which can be integrated into practice
- Demonstration of the core communication skills using exemplar materials
- Practise and reflection of communication skills
- Developing personal and team action plans to deliver in practice
- High-quality resources and tools to aid implementation, with facilitation and process mapping as an option for practice-based teams
- Participants will have the opportunity to join a community of practice where Year of Care regularly shares updates, news and resources
We can develop bespoke training or workshops to fit new programmes of work or to supplement existing training modules using our tried and tested resources and methods.